In which we answer some common questions.
- Yes, you can touch it; THANK YOU FOR ASKING
- Yes, it's soft!
- No hair products... I basically wash it at night, then go to sleep on my side, and gravity does all the work.
- Curly-haired people can TOTALLY rock a hawk. Some of the coolest ones I've seen are on curly people!
- I use Special Effects Electric Blue for the back, and the front is Manic Panic (Amplified) Atomic Turquoise. I squirt the color into a gloved hand and then just smoosh it in. When they're both applied, I smoosh my hand back and forth to create a gradient. The long front hair gets some dark blue on the ends. Ta-da!
- Yes, I cut it myself, too. Scissors and clippers cost less than a single haircut, and I don't trust anyone else with my hair. (From experience...)
- It's really not that much work. Take your daily styling efforts and combine them into a single session: Every few months, I bleach and dye from scratch. Then every couple weeks, I smoosh in some dye and let it sit before showering. Every few days, I grab the scissors in my bathroom and snip away some offending fluff. That's all.
Plus, a few tips...
- You can re-dye in a hotel, but be courteous and use a black shirt or personal towel to dry off, and sleep with something over the pillow.
- It really helps to have a bathroom side mirror that you can turn at an angle, so you can see the sides of your head.
- Try shaving designs into the sides! If you screw up, just shave the whole side, no big.